5 Benefits of Becoming a Flight Instructor
The passion for flying is practically soaring high! Although most people think the only career option in aviation is becoming an airline commercial pilot, that’s not where the possibilities end. One of the most rewarding options you could go for is becoming a flight instructor. There are many new experiences every day under the sky for a flight instructor. With many benefits, you also get paid for flying and guiding others on how to fly.
Requirements to be A Flight Instructor
As exciting as the job is, it still has some eligibility criteria that need to be fulfilled by the aspiring person.
- Your age should at least be 18 years while applying,
- You should hold a commercial pilot training certificate,
- You should have US citizenship,
- You should be eligible for TSA Flight Training Authorization,
- You should have a third-class medical certificate with aviation-related examinations included
Benefits of Becoming a Flight Instructor
Flight instructors perform many exciting and challenging tasks. Here are some of the benefits compiled for you if you wish to be a flight instructor
- Steady work: One of the best features of becoming a flight instructor is that you will have a regular schedule, and you wouldn’t have to leave your place as much as a pilot needs to. It also gives you continued work. And with the build-up of your flight hours, you have many opportunities to switch to if you ever choose to shift your career path.
- Growing requirements: With the increased number of flights, airlines are in dire need of new pilots. And in order to train them, they also need new flight instructors. It is the easiest job for you if what you like doing is flying an aircraft.
- Get paid for having fun: This is the most exciting part of doing something that is already your passion. It is also rewarding in itself since you get to see your students succeeding in their tests as a pilot in the final results. You help others realize their love for flying and teach them the skills to achieve it.
- Practice brings perfection: If your goal is to become a pilot, you can start with a flight instructor position. Teaching others gives you a better understanding of how aircraft work and how you can handle certain situations. You also get to polish your aviation skills with the latest advancements when you conceptualize the basics of flying, ultimately making you a better-trained pilot.
- It will always be thrilling: You get to fly to new destinations while teaching your students the skills that you have already mastered. You will face different situations every day and learn how to grow out of them. Add in the local entertainments of those places, and your life will never see the end of the fun.
About Aviators Flight Academy
Do you want to be a pilot or a flight instructor? Check out Aviators Flight Academy, where we provide the best flight training environment to teach you how to fly modern aircraft with the latest avionics communications, all at a very affordable price. We also provide training and certificates for the instrument rating, CFIIs, and sport pilots. For more details, get in touch with us, call us at (818) 427-1094, or visit our website.