Expand on your skills as a pilot by teaching others to fly with a certified flight instructor course! Becoming a Certified Flight Instructor not only allows you to share your passion of flying with other students, it’s also a great way to build flight hours towards becoming an airline pilot. All students who complete CFI training with us are guaranteed a job as a flight instructor at our school. We’ve hired everyone who has trained with us, and will continue to do so, even throughout the COVID-19 pandemic.
Get your CFI Training done at our Flight School in Los Angeles, boasting great weather and the most flyable days in the country!
A Flight Instructor – Airplane certificate allows you to teach students how to fly. As a CFI, you’ll be able to teach students working towards a Private or Commercial Pilot Certificate.
Here’s some good info to know:
- While there is no minimum required flight time needed to become a CFI, it usually takes students about 30 – 40 hours of flight training. This takes approximately 3 weeks to complete.
- CFI Training entails learning how to teach maneuvers you were taught throughout Private and Commercial, all while demonstrating them from the right seat.
- The majority of CFI training is ground knowledge, from FOI’s to technical subject matters. To get the most out of your CFI training we’ll get you going with some basic lesson plans, and some actual private & commercial students to practice on.
- If you’re on a time crunch, have all your exams and your spin training completed prior to enrolling. If you need spin training, we can complete it for you; it takes about 2 hours to complete.
- The course consists of up to 59 hours of in-house classroom time, and anywhere from 12 – 17 hours of right seat flying (individually based).
- Courtesy cars are available at $25/day, as are local accommodations for out of state/town students (call for inquiries). DPE scheduled within a week of completing the course. This fee is out of pocket anywhere from $950 – $1100 pending on the available examiner.